We Walk Because…
- We understand that suicide prevention is only effective when we can de-stigmatize the subject of suicide and talk openly and honestly about it
- We are honoring the lives of those who have died by suicide
- We want family and friends who have lost a loved one to suicide to have a day to acknowledge their loss in public
- We know that suicide crosses all religious, racial, ethnic, economic, and educational lines - it affects everyone
- We need to let everyone know that at Long Island Crisis Center “It’s Okay To Ask For Help”
- "We Walk…We Talk" together and we go home knowing that we may be saving a life.
Walk with us and be our lifesaving partner!